The painting of Franco Porcasi
From the artistic experiences of his youth to the technique of painting with a spatula and to the studies on the idea of 'vesuvianity'.
The work of Franco Porcasi develops, since the years 1950, along a path of research in which he experiments various techniques to achieve an artistic language original, always between sacred and profane, beyond all conformism.
Author of portraits of deep psychological penetration, over the years has refined a remarkable technical and executive proceeding. His paintings - remarkable for design, balanced composition, refined technique, choice of color - are infused with warm sensuality.
Teacher of drawing and art history for 40 years, Franco Porcasi is an artist who does not produce for the market, but to satisfy his need to express and sharing his aesthetic joy.
His works are placed in museums (in Naples, at the Museum of the Treasure of San Gennaro), in churches and sanctuaries (at Scisciano and Madonna dell'Arco, near Naples; at Pietradefusi, S. Elena, in the province of Avellino) and in private collections in Italy (Naples, Avellino, Benevento, Rome, Latina, Potenza, Vicenza, Pesaro-Urbino) and abroad (Suisse, France, Great Britain).
Franco Porcasi (Naples, 1940) attends the five-year study of Fine Arts (diploma and teaching) at the Art Institute "F. Palizzi" in Naples. He completed his education by attending the figure and nude course from the real at the Academy of Fine Arts in Naples. A pupil at the sculpture studio of Prof. Antonio Rega in Marechiaro (Naples), cultivates his passion for painting. Winner of the selection, he devoted himself for about 40 years of teaching drawing and art history, first in Irpinia and then in Naples. In 1970 he settled in Portici (NA), where he still lives.